assistant media planner / buyer
Reports to: Media Director
Spawn Ideas is a fully integrated advertising agency that’s independent and employee owned. Our team of 40 employee owners have “skin in the game” which, along with outstanding benefits and a “work hard/play hard” culture, encourages happy employees who stay. Our success comes from our people, our culture, and our care about the work itself and our clients’ business outcomes. Careers and friends blossom here.
As owners, when the agency succeeds, so do we, which is why there are no sideliners at Spawn. We are bold and resourceful – perpetual adventurers at work and play. Just as we embrace the outdoors in Alaska, we are energized by our work – for the fun of it and the challenge it brings. Our commitment, energy and drive, and desire to climb higher and push harder are fuel for the work we do at Spawn for our clients and their brands.
Advertising Age recognized Spawn with Northwest Small Agency of the Year awards in 2017 and 2018, and with a national, silver, Best Culture award in 2018. We’ve been called Alaska’s “Top Shop” (Adweek Magazine) and one of the “75 Best Places to Work for Millennials.” And Outside Magazine has named Spawn one of “100 Best Places to Work” in America for eight years in a row.
Won’t you join us? We need an Anchorage-based Assistant Media Planner / Buyer.
An Assistant Media Planner / Buyer thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and is great at keeping track of all the details. The position supports the Agency’s media planners and buyers in all media functions. This is an entry level position with growth potential within the department.
- Are extremely well organized, deliberate and thorough.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Enjoy working with numbers.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner.
- Must have an extensive time/deadline management skill set.
- Must be resourceful.
- Practice sensible decision-making.
- Must work well under pressure and multitask effectively.
- Must be proactive and work independently.
- Must have strong computer skills, including advanced Excel and the capacity to master database management systems quickly.
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Are self-motivated, while taking direction and coaching well.
- Goal oriented and will assume ownership and responsibility for their work.
- Responsible for monthly media billing.
- Revise media buys and manage makegoods to reconcile with media billing.
- Produce budget summaries across planned and bought media.
- Generate competitive spending reports as needed.
- Responds to in-bound vendor requests and assists in analysis of proposals.
- Produces POVs (point-of-view) to account service/clients on media opportunities.
- Maintains and organizes media resources (i.e. log-ins, data renewals, vendor lists).
- Uploads and manages all ratings data, compiles delivery data as new ratings books are released.
- Generate non-broadcast insertion orders for all clients including print, digital and out-of-home.
- Execute media buys timely and within budget.
- Assists in media planning flowchart development.
- Provides media research support.
knowledge and skills:
- Macintosh operating system and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated effective writing and speaking skills
education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Finance or related field preferred
- 2+ years experience in a professional work environment preferred
Outstanding benefits. Spawn Ideas pays a generous portion of each employee’s insurance premium for themselves and their families. Beyond the basics, employees can be reimbursed for participating in walk/run races, for park passes, etc. The office is located one block from the Coastal Trail (a popular ski/walk/run trail), and just blocks from salmon fishing right downtown.
In addition, Spawn benefits include being automatically enrolled in our ESOP (employee stock ownership program) plan, annual performance-based discretionary bonus, 401K, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick days, company paid holidays and summer and holiday hours programs that allow more time with family and more time enjoying the outdoors.
Spawn Ideas is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We support diversity in the workforce. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for disabled individuals.
- Seeing: Able to read reports and use computer
- Hearing: Able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and clients, in person and on phone
- Other: Able to lift at least 10 pounds and mobile enough to change paper in computer printers, must have driver’s license and access to personal transportation