Reports to: President
Spawn Ideas is a fully integrated advertising agency that’s independent and employee owned. Our team of 40 employee owners have “skin in the game” which, along with outstanding benefits and a “work hard/play hard” culture, encourages happy employees who stay. Our success comes from our people, our culture, and our care about the work itself and our clients’ business outcomes. Careers and friends blossom here.
As owners, when the agency succeeds, so do we, which is why there are no sideliners at Spawn. We are bold and resourceful – perpetual adventurers at work and play. Just as we embrace the outdoors in Alaska, we are energized by our work – for the fun of it and the challenge it brings. Our commitment, energy and drive, and desire to climb higher and push harder are fuel for the work we do at Spawn for our clients and their brands.
Advertising Age recognized Spawn with Northwest Small Agency of the Year awards in 2017 and 2018, and with a national, silver, Best Culture award in 2018. We’ve been called Alaska’s “Top Shop” (Adweek Magazine) and one of the “75 Best Places to Work for Millennials.” And Outside Magazine has named Spawn one of “100 Best Places to Work” in America for eight years in a row.
The executive assistant will provide high-level executive and administrative support to the president by managing her schedule and tasks, acting as a liaison between the president and other agency departments, taking detailed notes in agency/agency board meetings, preparing high quality presentations and correspondence, arranging conference calls and Zoom meetings, coordinating meetings and travel (for president and other agency staff), and responsibly handling confidential and sensitive information.
This is a professional non-exempt position. If you are self-motivated, can multitask, handle the smallest details and want to learn the advertising industry, you’ll be an important member of our collaborative team.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Top-notch organizational skills
- Accurate, with attention to detail
- Are independent thinkers that exercise judgement
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Write clearly and concisely. Can proofread effectively. Must type a minimum of 75 wpm
- Able to prioritize and multitask. Can work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Reliable, punctual, accountable
- Self-motivated, resourceful and solutions-oriented
- Able to partner and work effectively with teammates in the office and those in offsite offices
- Exercise discretion in handling confidential materials/information
- Comfortable and confident with technology (Mac operating system proficient: Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote; Gmail, Zoom, Dropbox, project management systems, etc.)
- Successfully work and thrive in an often fast-paced and creative environment
- Engage effectively with diverse personalities
- Flexible and adaptive to changing needs
areas of responsibility:
- Provide executive level assistance, primarily for the president
- Maintains the president’s appointment schedule by planning, scheduling and organizing meetings, conferences and video and teleconferences
- Provide timely reminders to the presidents as to her tasks and deadlines
- Ensure agendas and supporting materials are submitted to the president in advance of all meetings for review and preparation, including Spawn’s Board meetings
- Take meeting notes and minutes for agency meetings or for external client meetings
- Prepare executive responses to routine memos, letters or correspondence
- Learn Spawn’s project management system (Workamajig) – dashboard configuration, scheduling, timesheet entry, expense reports, contact entry
- Become knowledgeable of all agency departments (planning, creative, production, etc.), and the different roles they play individually and collectively
- Coordinate the president’s travel and complete expense reports
- Answer the president’s phone calls
- Manage the president’s filing system
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in problem solving
- Occasionally run errands to assist the president with her commitments
- Assist with recruiting, posting job descriptions on LinkedIn, Indeed, etc., reviewing and forwarding skilled applicants to hiring directors, schedule interviews, follow up with applicants, etc.
- Manage agency events including president’s breakfasts for staff, board meetings, client meetings, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
education and experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Professional certifications highly valued.
- Minimum of 3 years experience performing executive assistant, office management and/or secretarial duties in a professional office environment
- Seeing: Able to read reports and use computer
- Hearing: Able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and clients, in person and on phone
- Strength and Mobility: Ability to lift at least 10 pounds and mobile enough to perform basic tasks; such as replacing paper in printers, etc.
- Other: Must have a valid driver’s license and access to personal transportation.