Department: Account Management
Reports to: Director, Account Management
Spawn Ideas is a fully integrated advertising agency that’s independent and employee owned. Our team of more than 40 employee owners have “skin in the game” which, along with outstanding benefits and a “work hard/play hard” culture, encourages happy, motivated employees who stay. Our success comes from our people, our culture, and our care about the work itself and our clients’ business outcomes. Careers and friends blossom here.
As owners, when the agency succeeds, so do we, which is why there are no sideliners at Spawn. We are bold and resourceful — perpetual adventurers at work and play. Just as we embrace the outdoors in Alaska, we are energized by our work — for the fun of it and the challenge it brings. Our commitment, energy and drive, and desire to climb higher and push harder are fuel for the work we do at Spawn for our clients and their brands.
Advertising Age recognized Spawn with Northwest Small Agency of the Year awards in 2017 and 2018, and with a national, silver, Best Culture award in 2018. We’ve been called Alaska’s “Top Shop” (Adweek Magazine) and one of the “75 Best Places to Work for Millennials.” And Outside Magazine has named Spawn one of “100 Best Places to Work” in America for eight years in a row.
The Account Supervisor within the Account Management team is a senior-level management position. He or she will oversee all phases of Agency involvement with assigned accounts through their primary role as the account business leader. The Account Supervisor is a leadership consultant, fostering productive communication between client and Agency staff, identifying common goals, and ensuring a final product that’s profitable and effective for the client and the Agency.
- Build strong working relationships with clients who consider Spawn Ideas a strategic resource and business partner (as measured by the annual Agency Performance Reviews).
- Develop and maintain a strategic plan for each account and continually develop ideas for building a client’s business.
- Assist the client in adapting strategically to the ever-changing, competitive marketplace.
- Maintain awareness of current research, the marketplace, the competitive environment, and the client’s customer, industry and positioning in order to recommend additional strategies/projects to the Client.
- Develop entry- and mid-level account management staff to assume greater responsibility and promotion.
- Make resource recommendations to Management Supervisor.
- Keep Director of Account Management apprised of status on all projects and client relationships.
- Ensure staff is utilizing existing resources to grow knowledge base, increase Spawn Idea’s edge in the marketplace, and continue to demonstrate value to clients.
- Work with agency executives and/or new business committee to make new business presentations as needed.
- are outstanding communicators, in person or in writing
- are great relationship builders
- clearly establish objectives and priorities for client initiatives
- help develop, articulate, and adhere to, agreed upon strategies
- place a high priority on the Agency’s financial status
- are extremely organized, deliberate and thorough, with polished time and deadline management skills
- actively employ creative and effective problem-solving techniques
- practice sensible decision making
- are diplomatic leaders
- are committed to developing entry and mid-level staff
- prepare thorough, accurate and consistent work to clients, reflective of the agency’s quality standards
- demonstrate a clear, comfortable, persuasive presentation style for both formal and informal settings
- have worked in and are comfortable with all advertising
- understand and can speak intelligently about media mix
knowledge and skills:
- Macintosh operating system, Microsoft Office, and multiple web browser proficient
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills
- Understanding and familiarity with marketing/advertising tactics including digital
education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field required
- Have a minimum 7 years’ experience in marketing, preferably in an agency setting
- Marketing/Advertising experience in key industries of telecommunications, tourism, or outdoor lifestyle / products preferred
Outstanding benefits. Spawn Ideas pays a generous portion of each employee’s insurance premium for themselves and their families. Beyond the basics, employees can be reimbursed for participating in walk/run races, for park passes, etc. The office is located one block from the Coastal Trail (a popular ski/walk/run trail), and just blocks from salmon fishing right downtown.
In addition, Spawn benefits include being automatically enrolled in our ESOP (employee stock ownership program) plan, annual performance-based discretionary bonus, 401K, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick days, company paid holidays and summer and holiday hours programs that allow more time with family and more time enjoying the outdoors.
Spawn Ideas is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We support diversity in the workforce. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for disabled individuals.
- Seeing: Able to read reports and use computer
- Hearing: Able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and clients, in person and on phone
- Other: Able to lift at least 10 pounds and mobile enough to change paper in computer printers. Must have a valid driver’s license and access to personal transportation.