print production manager
Reports to: Production Director
Spawn Ideas is a fully integrated advertising agency that’s independent and employee owned. Our team of 40 employee owners have “skin in the game” which, along with outstanding benefits and a “work hard/play hard” culture, encourages happy employees who stay. Our success comes from our people, our culture, and our care about the work itself and our clients’ business outcomes. Careers and friends blossom here.
As owners, when the agency succeeds, so do we, which is why there are no sideliners at Spawn. We are bold and resourceful – perpetual adventurers at work and play. Just as we embrace the outdoors in Alaska, we are energized by our work – for the fun of it and the challenge it brings. Our commitment, energy and drive, and desire to climb higher and push harder are fuel for the work we do at Spawn for our clients and their brands.
Advertising Age recognized Spawn with Northwest Small Agency of the Year awards in 2017 and 2018, and with a national, silver, Best Culture award in 2018. We’ve been called Alaska’s “Top Shop” (Adweek Magazine) and one of the “75 Best Places to Work for Millennials.” And Outside Magazine has named Spawn one of “100 Best Places to Work” in America for eight years in a row.
Want to be part of an energetic team that plays as hard as we work? We’re seeking a Print Production Manager to oversee the development and completion of all print media. This person will collaborate with core team members including external partners to execute projects from the initial quote through delivery.
about the role:
- The Manager produces all forms of print collateral with minimal supervision and is expected to think expansively and creatively about problems and to identify effective solutions in accordance with Spawn Ideas policies and procedures.
- Oversees all aspects of print production, from initial scheduling, estimating, QC, pre-press, printing, fulfillment and delivery.
- Ensures that all jobs produced are of superior quality and on time to meet client and vendor deadlines.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of current production technologies while working to become a subject-matter expert on emerging ones.
- Oversees the performance of existing vendor partnerships and has the curiosity to seek out and introduce new partners.
- Thrives on introducing new production ideas on an ongoing basis related to the client’s business.
- You have 5-10 years of print production experience; advertising agency experience preferred.
- You’re a proactive thinker and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
- You are comfortable with print production language and capable of entering production data into our project management software throughout the entire production process.
- Thrives at working autonomously, but can also work simultaneously with other agency departments in a deadline driven/process orientated environment.
- You have a lean-in, forward-thinking attitude that moves the business and agency to greatness.
- You can clearly translate and communicate print production knowledge and/or requirements to both internal team members, as well as vendor partners.
- You have strong computer skills to be able to learn multiple project management software platforms.
- As employee owners, we consider our agency to be among the best in the business. The successful candidate for this position will bring that same drive for success.
- key responsibilities:
- Plan media using expertise in consumer media consumption habits with an emphasis on digital trends
- Research, develop, and implement multi-media communication plans
- Apply insightful communications strategy to include broadcast, print, outdoor, and digital (PPC, email, site-direct display, programmatic display, video, streaming, and social)
- Present media plans including rationale and research on media choices and anticipated delivery
- Analyze media performance during and post-campaign to ensure stewardship of media budgets and meeting of client KPIs
- Work with digital and media teams to evaluate digital vendor relationships
- Assist in training and development of media team as needed
- Monitor competitive spending and generate share of voice reports
- Respond to ongoing / daily media needs of clients including in-bound evaluation requests, budget management, and buy implementation
Outstanding benefits. Spawn Ideas pays a generous portion of each employee’s insurance premium for themselves and their families. Beyond the basics, employees can be reimbursed for participating in walk/run races, for park passes, etc. The office is located one block from the Coastal Trail (a popular ski/walk/run trail), and just blocks from salmon fishing right downtown.
In addition, Spawn benefits include being automatically enrolled in our ESOP (employee stock ownership program) plan, annual performance-based discretionary bonus, 401K, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick days, company paid holidays and summer and holiday hours programs that allow more time with family and more time enjoying the outdoors.
Spawn Ideas is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We support diversity in the workforce. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for disabled individuals.
Seeing: Able to read reports and use computer
Hearing: Able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and clients, in person and on phone
Other: Able to lift at least 10 pounds and mobile enough to change paper in computer printers, must have driver’s license and access to personal transportation