Spawn Ideas is a fully integrated advertising agency that’s independent and employee owned. Our team of more than 40 employee owners have “skin in the game” which, along with outstanding benefits and a work hard/play hard culture, encourages happy, motivated employees who stay. Our success comes from our people, our culture, and our care about the work itself and our clients’ business outcomes. Careers and friendships blossom here.
As owners, when the agency succeeds, so do we, which is why there are no sideliners at Spawn. We are bold and resourceful — perpetual adventurers at work and play. Just as we embrace the outdoors in Alaska, we are energized by our work — for the fun of it and the challenge it brings. Our commitment, energy and drive, and desire to climb higher and push harder are fuel for the work we do at Spawn for our clients and their brands.
We’re recognized as an agency that punches above its weight. In 2017 and 2018, we are Ad Age Small Agency of the Year winners – as a standout northwest agency and for great culture. And we’ve been named one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in America (seven years running). In 2015, Inc. Magazine named us among the Fastest Growing Companies in America and we were called one of the nation’s 75 Best Places to Work for Millennials too.
Won’t you join us? We need an account manager.
The mission of the account management function is to lead, nurture and grow the client business and relationship, orchestrate and integrate the services of the agency on behalf of the client, and ensure that the agency is providing the kind of consistent proactive thinking and added value that contributes to healthy, effective and profitable client relationships. You’ll work with the account planning and project management teams to create effective plans for clients and you’ll be directly responsible for the client relationship, communication strategy, identifying new client opportunities and managing client budgets and expectations. A great Account Manager thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and is passionate about working with clients to help achieve their communications goals.
- Have effective communication skills
- Have solid business and advertising industry understanding
- Are able to multitask
- Are self-motivated, but take direction and coaching well
- Have the ability to work independently and as a team
- Are willing to assume ownership and responsibility for their work
- Have the ability to work in an energetic and creative environment and engage effectively with diverse personalities
- Are a critical thinker and problem solver
- Are looking for an opportunity to develop in the account service field
- Developing and presenting proposals.
- Establishing and clarifying expected outcomes and objectives for assignments and the client relationship in general.
- Maintaining constant dialogue with clients to ensure agency is meeting expectations.
- Monitoring important industry trends and developments.
- Developing and providing expertise on the clients’ brand and category.
- Working with Account Planning to generate consumer/customer insights and develop briefs.
- Working with other agency departments to develop multichannel, multidisciplinary plans and recommendations.
- Along with the account planner, briefing creative and media teams on major new initiatives.
- Reviewing work and recommendations for compliance to brand standards and adherence to strategy.
- Identifying and orchestrating agency resources to ensure integrated, cross-functional solutions.
- Managing and resolving competing client priorities.
- Developing client presentations.
- Informing and inspiring creative/media development.
- Helping to present work and recommendations to the client and securing client approvals.
- Developing spending and budget recommendations.
- Forecasting and tracking agency revenue.
- Managing client budgets and annual SOW.
- Ensuring overall client profitability.
- Pricing major assignments and client relationships.
- Helping to develop and present client agreements.
- Ensuring that client metrics are tracked, analyzed, and used to optimize client success.
- Serves as the voice of the client during projects.
- Identifying and exploring growth opportunities.
- Providing leadership and direction to agency partners.
- Generating business and brand-building strategies and ideas.
- Championing new marketing initiatives on behalf of the brand.
knowledge and skills:
- Macintosh operating system, Microsoft Office, and multiple web browser proficient
- Demonstrated writing and speaking skills
- Understanding and familiarity with marketing/advertising tactics, including digital
education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field required
- Minimum 5 years agency experience in an account management/services role required
- Marketing/Advertising experience in key industries of telecommunications, tourism, or outdoor lifestyle / products preferred
- Proven track record of helping clients utilize all communication mediums, including digital and content strategies
- Cover Letter providing a summary of applicable experience, reasons why you would like to work at Spawn Ideas and a synopsis of the contributions you can make to growing our business.
- Three case studies of how you grew your clients’ businesses.
Outstanding benefits. Spawn Ideas pays a generous portion of each employee’s insurance premium for themselves and their families. Beyond the basics, employees can be reimbursed for participating in walk/run races, for park passes, etc. The office is located one block from the Coastal Trail (a popular ski/walk/run trail), and just blocks from salmon fishing right downtown.
In addition, Spawn benefits include being automatically enrolled in our ESOP (employee stock ownership program) plan, annual performance-based discretionary bonus, 401K, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick days, company paid holidays and summer and holiday hours programs that allow more time with family and more time enjoying the outdoors.
Spawn Ideas is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We support diversity in the workforce. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for disabled individuals.
- Seeing: Able to read reports and use computer
- Hearing: Able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and clients, in person and on phone
- Other: Able to lift at least 10 pounds and mobile enough to change paper in computer printers, must have driver’s license and access to personal transportation