Department: Account Service
Reports to: Director of Account Management
Spawn is a fully integrated advertising agency that’s independent and employee owned (ESOP) which means everyone on our team has “skin in the game.” There are no sideliners at Spawn, just a bold and resourceful team with enough courage to summit any challenge. We know that when the agency succeeds, we succeed as individuals.
Spawn is an agency that punches above its weight. In both 2017 and 2018, we were Ad Age Small Agency of the Year winners – as a standout northwest agency and, nationwide, for great culture. And we’ve been named one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in America for nine years running.
We’re looking for an account manager.
The account manager works with the account supervisor to lead, nurture and grow the client business and relationship. You’ll help orchestrate and integrate the services of the agency on behalf of the client, and ensure that the agency is providing the kind of consistent proactive thinking and added value that contributes to healthy, effective and profitable client relationships. You and the account supervisor will work with account planning strategists and project management teams to create effective plans for clients. A great account manager thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and is passionate about working with clients to help achieve their communications goals.
- Assist in developing and presenting proposals.
- Establishing and clarifying expected outcomes and objectives for assignments and the client relationship in general. Including taking detailed notes and outlining next steps.
- Maintaining constant dialogue with the client to ensure agency is meeting expectations.
- Monitoring important industry trends and developments.
- Developing and providing expertise on the brand and category.
- Working with Account Planning to generate consumer/customer insights and develop briefs.
- Working with other agency functions to develop multichannel, multidisciplinary plans and recommendations.
- Along with the account planner, briefing creative and media teams on major new initiatives.
- Reviewing work and recommendations for compliance to brand standards and adherence to strategy.
- Identifying and orchestrating agency resources to ensure integrated, cross-functional solutions.
- Managing and resolving competing client priorities.
- Developing client presentations.
- Informing and inspiring creative/media development.
- Helping to present work and recommendations to the client and secure client approvals.
- Developing spending and budget recommendations.
- Forecasting and tracking agency revenue.
- Managing client budgets and annual SOW.
- Ensuring overall client profitability.
- Pricing major assignments and client relationships.
- Helping to develop and present client agreements.
- Ensuring that client metrics are tracked, analyzed, and used to optimize client success.
- Serves as the voice of the client during projects.
- Identifying and exploring growth opportunities.
- Providing leadership and direction to agency partners.
- Generating business and brand-building strategies and ideas.
- Championing new marketing initiatives on behalf of the brand.
- Have effective communication skills
- Have solid business and advertising industry understanding
- Are able to work efficiently in a fast-changing environment
- Are self-motivated, but take direction and coaching well
- Have the ability to work independently and as a team
- Are willing to assume ownership and responsibility for their work
- Have the ability to work in an energetic and creative environment and engage effectively with diverse personalities
- Are critical thinkers and problem solvers
- Are looking for an opportunity to develop in the account service field
knowledge and skills:
- Macintosh operating system, Microsoft Office, and multiple web browser proficient
- Demonstrated writing and speaking skills
- Understanding and familiarity with marketing/advertising tactics
- At least three years of related business experience in marketing
- Prior agency account management experience preferred
Outstanding benefits. Spawn Ideas pays a generous portion of each employee’s insurance premium for themselves and their families. Beyond the basics, employees can be reimbursed for participating in walk/run races, for park passes, etc. If in Anchorage, the office is located one block from the Coastal Trail (a popular ski/walk/run trail), and just blocks from salmon fishing right downtown.
In addition, Spawn benefits include being automatically enrolled in our ESOP (employee stock ownership program) plan, annual performance-based discretionary bonus, 401K, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick days, company paid holidays and summer and holiday hours programs that allow more time with family and more time enjoying the outdoors.
Spawn Ideas is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We support diversity in the workforce. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for disabled individuals.