Reports to: Director, Account Services
Spawn is a fully integrated advertising agency that’s independent and employee owned (ESOP) which means everyone on our team has “skin in the game.” There are no sideliners at Spawn, just a bold and resourceful team with enough courage to summit any challenge. We know that when the agency succeeds, we succeed as individuals.
Spawn is an agency that punches above its weight. In 2017 and 2018, we were Ad Age Small Agency of the Year winners – as a standout northwest agency and, nationwide, for great culture. And we’ve been named one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work in America for eight years running. In 2015, Adweek Magazine called us “Alaska’s Top Shop.”
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial Content Manager.
The Content Manager (CM) is passionate about working with clients to help achieve their content goals with organic and paid content. A strong CM thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. He/she possesses the ability to think both creatively and analytically. The Content Manager’s duties include formulating content marketing strategies, creating content plans, managing a content team, and producing and publishing content (writing, editing and proofreading, as well as coordinating creative resources for visuals and video).
- Proactive leader who drives ideas and solutions
- Organized with a keen eye for detail
- Communicates easily and effectively with anyone from a CEO to a stranger on the street
- Resourceful – uses smarts and other team members with knowledge to “figure it out”
- Enthusiastically takes on any challenge
- Constant learner
- Adapts to any situation
- Work well under pressure
areas of responsibility:
- Manages internal and client content based on a specific strategy, working closely with other agency team members to concept, develop, execute and manage creative content – anywhere online.
- Communicates effectively that community strategy supports overall brand goals and objectives (with account service, creative and media teams).
- Gets to know all aspects of our clients’ brands, products and the brand experience from the perspective of a prospect, customer or fan.
- Is a skilled writer, editor and proofreader who creates or improves content or stories.
- Sets publication standards and establishes goals and expectations.
- Guides production and creation of content for appropriate mediums.
- Creates and organizes the content calendar with the Content and Community Coordinator.
- Manages the Content and Community Coordinator, and works collaboratively with content ideators, producers and buyers (creative, media, account planning, etc.).
knowledge and skills:
- Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management
- Understands popular social networks: design, functionality, user audiences
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with fast turnarounds on writing and ideation
- Experience writing, editing, proofreading, and fact checking content for a variety of industries/organization.
- 3-5 or more years of experience in managing content (or related business experience). Agency experience preferred.
Outstanding benefits. Spawn Ideas pays a generous portion of each employee’s health insurance premium for themselves and their families. Beyond the basics, employees get a one-time mini-bonus each year for participating in walk/run races, for park passes, etc. The office is located one block from the Anchorage Tony Knowles Coastal Trail (a popular ski/walk/run trail) and just blocks from salmon fishing right downtown.
In addition, Spawn benefits include being automatically enrolled in our ESOP (employee stock ownership program) plan, annual performance-based discretionary bonus, 401K, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick days, company paid holidays and summer and holiday hours programs that allow more time with family and more time enjoying the outdoors.
Spawn Ideas is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We support diversity in the workforce. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for disabled individuals.