Reports to: VP, Media Director
Salary Range: $50K – $65K
Spawn Ideas is a fully integrated advertising agency that’s independent and employee owned. Our team of 40 employee owners have “skin in the game” which, along with outstanding benefits and a “work hard/play hard” culture, encourages happy employees who stay. Our success comes from our people, our culture, and our care about the work itself and our clients’ business outcomes. Careers and friends blossom here.
As owners, when the agency succeeds, so do we, which is why there are no sideliners at Spawn. We are bold and resourceful – perpetual adventurers at work and play. Just as we embrace the outdoors in Alaska, we are energized by our work – for the fun of it and the challenge it brings. Our commitment, energy and drive, and desire to climb higher and push harder are fuel for the work we do at Spawn for our clients and their brands.
Advertising Age recognized Spawn with Northwest Small Agency of the Year awards in 2017 and 2018, and with a national, silver, Best Culture award in 2018. We’ve been called Alaska’s “Top Shop” (Adweek Magazine) and one of the “75 Best Places to Work for Millennials.” And Outside Magazine has named Spawn one of “100 Best Places to Work” in America for eight years in a row.
We are looking for a Media Buyer/Planner.
A Media Buyer/Planner successfully balances critical and big picture thinking while being comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Planners are driven to find communications solutions to client challenges by connecting clients and messages. As a full-service agency with an integrated approach, this position collaborates among all departments including media, account planning, digital and creative. Candidates should be grounded in legacy media with a focus on digital solutions.
Anchorage based preferred, yet open to remote based from Denver.
- Are resourceful, well organized, detail oriented, deliberate and thorough
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner
- Must be proactive and work independently
- Are driven and curious problem solvers when it comes to the ever-changing challenge of reaching consumers
- Are goal oriented and assume ownership and responsibility for their work
- Plan media using expertise in consumer media consumption habits with an emphasis on digital trends
- Research, develop and implement multimedia communication plans
- Apply insightful communications strategy to include broadcast, digital (PPC, email, site-direct display, programmatic display, video, streaming, and social), print and outdoor.
- Present media plans including rationale and research on media choices and anticipated delivery
- Analyze media performance during and post-campaign to ensure stewardship of media budgets and meeting of client KPIs
- Work with digital and media teams to evaluate digital vendor relationships
- Assist in training and development of media team as needed
- Monitor competitive spending and generate share of voice reports
- Respond to ongoing / daily media needs of clients including inbound evaluation requests, budget management and buy implementation
knowledge and skills:
- Strong time management
- Experience working with key digital platforms including Google (DoubleClick/AdWords, etc.) and social
- Strong Excel skills preferred
- Macintosh operating system proficient
- Have demonstrated effective writing and speaking skills
- Proven ability to plan, analyze, and report across all relevant media platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Finance or related field preferred
- 5+ years media planning desired
Outstanding benefits. Spawn Ideas pays a generous portion of each employee’s insurance premium for themselves and their families. Beyond the basics, employees can be reimbursed for participating in walk/run races, for park passes, etc. The office is located one block from the Coastal Trail (a popular ski/walk/run trail), and just blocks from salmon fishing right downtown.
In addition, Spawn benefits include being automatically enrolled in our ESOP (employee stock ownership program) plan, annual performance-based discretionary bonus, 401K, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick days, company paid holidays and summer and holiday hours programs that allow more time with family and more time enjoying the outdoors.
Spawn Ideas is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We support diversity in the workforce. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for disabled individuals.
Seeing: Able to read reports and use computer
Hearing: Able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and clients, in person and on phone
Strength and Mobility: Ability to lift at least 10 pounds and mobile enough to perform basic tasks; such as replacing paper in printers, etc.
Other: Must have a valid driver’s license and access to personal transportation.