paid digital media associate
Reports to: VP, Media Director
Spawn Ideas is a fully integrated advertising agency that’s independent and employee owned. Our team of 40 employee owners have “skin in the game” which, along with outstanding benefits and a “work hard/play hard” culture, encourages happy employees who stay. Our success comes from our people, our culture, and our care about the work itself and our clients’ business outcomes. Careers and friends blossom here.
As owners, when the agency succeeds, so do we, which is why there are no sideliners at Spawn. We are bold and resourceful – perpetual adventurers at work and play. Just as we embrace the outdoors in Alaska, we are energized by our work – for the fun of it and the challenge it brings. Our commitment, energy and drive, and desire to climb higher and push harder are fuel for the work we do at Spawn for our clients and their brands.
Advertising Age recognized Spawn with Northwest Small Agency of the Year awards in 2017 and 2018, and with a national, silver, Best Culture award in 2018. We’ve been called Alaska’s “Top Shop” (Adweek Magazine) and one of the “75 Best Places to Work for Millennials.” And Outside Magazine has named Spawn one of “100 Best Places to Work” in America for eight years in a row.
We are looking for a Paid Digital Media Associate.
The Paid Digital Media Associate is primarily responsible for the implementation and delivery of digital campaigns within multimedia communications plans. Candidates should be grounded in the relationship of digital solutions and legacy media to support Media Planners in successfully connecting consumers with client messages. As a full-service agency with an integrated approach, this position collaborates among all departments including media, traffic, accounting, account planning, digital and creative.
Anchorage based (currently remote, future return to office hybrid model) or Denver based (fully remote).
- Are engaged, resourceful, well organized, detail oriented and thorough
- Must be able to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Must be proactive and able to work independently
- Are driven and curious problem solvers when it comes to the ever-changing digital media landscape
- Are goal oriented and assume ownership and responsibility for their work
- Are eager to dive into digital reporting and find excitement, promise and challenge in the role
- Responsible for executing paid digital campaigns with accuracy
- Tactical placement across current and emerging digital platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, Pinterest, YouTube, Paid Search, Programmatic Display, Site Direct Display, Streaming
- Ongoing monitoring, analysis, and optimization of paid digital campaigns
- Reporting of campaign results against media budgets and client KPIs
- A/B testing of digital campaigns
- Resolution of invoice discrepancies
- Provide data-based support to Media Planners including rationale and research on anticipated audience delivery
- Work with digital and media teams on digital vendor and resource considerations
- Respond to ongoing daily digital media needs of clients including inbound evaluation requests, budget management and buy implementation
- Organize digital resources for media team and staff access and reference
- Educate agency staff on emerging digital trends and platforms
knowledge and skills:
- Strong time management
- Effective writing and speaking skills
- Proficient in 3rd party ad serving tools
- Experience placing digital campaigns on self-serve platforms
- Ability to navigate digital platforms and digital reporting tools
- Macintosh operating system proficient
- Microsoft Office expertise
- Google Certifications and Facebook Blueprint certified a plus
experience and education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Finance, or related field preferred
- 2+ years in paid digital media
Outstanding benefits. Spawn Ideas pays a generous portion of each employee’s insurance premium for themselves and their families. Beyond the basics, employees can be reimbursed for participating in walk/run races, for park passes, etc. If in Anchorage, the office is located one block from the Coastal Trail (a popular ski/walk/run trail), and just blocks from salmon fishing right downtown.
In addition, Spawn benefits include being automatically enrolled in our ESOP (employee stock ownership program) plan, annual performance-based discretionary bonus, 401K, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick days, company paid holidays and summer and holiday hours programs that allow more time with family and more time enjoying the outdoors.
Spawn Ideas is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We support diversity in the workforce. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for disabled individuals.