Department: Project Management
Reports to: Director of Client Service
Spawn is a fully integrated advertising agency that’s independent and employee owned (ESOP) which means everyone on our team has “skin in the game.” There are no sideliners at Spawn, just a bold and resourceful team with enough courage to summit any challenge. We know that when the agency succeeds, we succeed as individuals.
Spawn is an agency that punches above its weight. In both 2017 and 2018, we were Ad Age Small Agency of the Year winners – as a standout northwest agency and, nationwide, for great culture. And we’ve been named one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in America for ten years running.
Won’t you join us? We need a project manager.
Project Managers have responsibility for more complex projects and/or larger campaigns with minimal supervision.
- Are engaged, resourceful, well organized, detail oriented and thorough
- Must be able to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Must be proactive and able to work independently
- Are goal oriented and assume ownership and responsibility for their work
The primary role of Project Management is to lead a project from start to finish, ultimately getting work out the door on time, on budget and on brief.
We do this by:
- Project scoping and estimating
- Budget management and tracking
- Timeline and schedule management
- Supervise/facilitate creative routing process
- Review creative for accuracy and adherence to project direction
- Project organization (gather resources and details, decide approach/project strategy, timeline and milestones, anticipate needs)
- Internal communication – communicate project direction, details and updates (timely, correctly, confidently), ensure the team has what they need to execute
- Client communication – keep client abreast of project details, status updates, changes, challenges, etc.
- Project setup and documentation in project management software (Workamajig)
- Change management – anticipate needs and mitigate risks, help the team navigate issues and rescope as needed for internal and external project success
- Keep calm in an ever-changing environment
- General knowledge of Agency departments to properly manage different types of projects (media, creative, production, digital)
knowledge and skills
- Strong time management
- Effective writing and speaking skills
- Proficient in 3rd party ad serving tools
- Experience placing digital campaigns on self-serve platforms
- Ability to navigate digital platforms and digital reporting tools
- Macintosh operating system proficient
- Microsoft Office expertise
- Google Certifications and Facebook Blueprint certified a plus
education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Project Management or related field required
- 2+ years managing projects, or related business experience and prior agency experience preferred
Outstanding benefits. Spawn Ideas pays a generous portion of each employee’s insurance premium for themselves and their families. Beyond the basics, employees can be reimbursed for participating in walk/run races, for park passes, etc. The office is located one block from the Coastal Trail (a popular ski/walk/run trail), and just blocks from salmon fishing right downtown.
In addition, Spawn benefits include being automatically enrolled in our ESOP (employee stock ownership program) plan, annual performance-based discretionary bonus, 401K, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick days, company paid holidays and summer and holiday hours programs that allow more time with family and more time enjoying the outdoors.
Spawn Ideas is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We support diversity in the workforce. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for disabled individuals.
- Seeing: Able to read reports and use computer
- Hearing: Able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and clients, in person and on phone
- Strength and Mobility: Ability to lift at least 10 pounds and mobile enough to perform basic tasks, such as replacing paper in printers, etc.
- Other: Must have a valid driver’s license and access to personal transportation.