Spawn Ideas is proud to be part of nextMX, an alliance of thought-leaders, including Stone Mantel and ALA Consulting, who work together to help businesses deliver future-focused meaningful customer experiences (MX) for the long-term success of their brands.
And at Spawn, we take our role as partner seriously. That’s why, when nextMX needed a new website really fast, we got scrappy — designing, developing and launching next-mx.com version 1.0 in a mere 3-week timeframe.
How We Did It
First things first—we don’t generally recommend a timeline this compressed. (If you’d like to learn how to do a site launch right, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.) But we also weren’t backing down from this challenge.
Internal, quick-turn projects, like this one, generally mean two key constraints: you have to use the tools at hand, and you have to guarantee quick designs and approvals.
For this job, we mapped a typical process with agile implementation in mind. We:
- Got buy-in on our schedule and commitment to our review and revision process
- Defined the site’s goals and our desired user experience (UX)
- Built a sitemap and wireframes based on our key objectives
- Designed a look and feel for the site
- Aligned design and UX with the existing systems and tools
- Started development
This effort required a true, agile, team approach — all hands were on-deck for sprint planning, daily check-ins, quick turnarounds, and ongoing reviews and revisions. We launched on time, meeting a critical business objective, and we’re looking forward to creating version 2.0.
Tools We Used
- We used the WordPress CMS (Content Management System) to ensure that content edits would be easy.
- We built the pages with Elementor, a page-building framework for WordPress. Elementor’s API (Application Programming Interface) enabled us to build custom responsive widgets for the website.
- We added a Driftbot (chatbot) to allow people browsing on the site to interact with our nextMX team.
These tools were key to creating a fully responsive website, one that’s viewable on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Curious to see what’s new in version 2.0? Sign up below for The Hook, our newsletter, and we’ll let you know when it’s live!