project management intern
Department: Project Management
Reports to: Project Supervisor
Spawn Ideas is a fully integrated advertising agency that’s independent and employee owned. Our team of 40 employee owners have “skin in the game” which, along with outstanding benefits and a “work hard/play hard” culture, encourages happy employees who stay. Our success comes from our people, our culture, and our care about the work itself and our clients’ business outcomes. Careers and friends blossom here.
As owners, when the agency succeeds, so do we, which is why there are no sideliners at Spawn. We are bold and resourceful – perpetual adventurers at work and play. Just as we embrace the outdoors in Alaska, we are energized by our work – for the fun of it and the challenge it brings. Our commitment, energy and drive, and desire to climb higher and push harder are fuel for the work we do at Spawn for our clients and their brands.
Advertising Age recognized Spawn with Northwest Small Agency of the Year awards in 2017 and 2018, and with a national, silver, Best Culture award in 2018. We’ve been called Alaska’s “Top Shop” (Adweek Magazine) and one of the “75 Best Places to Work for Millennials.” And Outside Magazine has named Spawn one of “100 Best Places to Work” in America for eight years in a row.
Apply for our Project Management Intern position today and begin your ascent into the professional workforce this summer.
If you enjoy teamwork, group collaboration and want to learn the ins and the outs of the advertising industry, you’ll find yourself right at home here, somewhere nestled between the Chugach Mountains and the Pacific Ocean (yeah, the view is pretty incredible). And don’t worry, no coffee runs here! You’ll be getting real experience working alongside your fellow interns and colleagues. We don’t require you to know it all, we just ask that you have a hunger to learn it all.
We give you the tools, direction and encouragement. You climb the mountain!
As part of the account service department, your focus will range anywhere from client meetings, managing projects, routing creative and much, much more. Here, everyone wears multiple hats, meaning that each one of us has several different roles in the organization; from the initial sealing of the deal with a client, to the delivery of the final product. So, if it’s real experience you’re looking for, then look no further. Our Project Management internship will leave you well-rounded and ready to join the professional workforce!
- Effective communication skills
- Great organization
- Detail oriented
- Excellent at multitasking
- Experience with proofreading and editing
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Comfortable learning new technologies, systems and procedures
- Ability to work in an energetic, creative environment and collaborate with colleagues
areas of responsibility:
- You’ll be working directly with the project management team, and indirectly with all other departments at Spawn.
- File management of Spawn’s Dropbox, including creation and organization of project folders and documents.
- Understanding of Workamajig, Spawn’s project management system (for scheduling, traffic, spec. sheets, timesheet entry, etc.)
- Understanding of agency processes, from the initiation of a project, to job jackets and scheduling, production timelines, routing, finalization and trafficking.
- Ability to provide production assistance, including props, talents, photo/film acquisition, release forms and usage paperwork as required.
knowledge and skills:
- Proficiency with macOS, Apple’s PC operating system
- Demonstrates professional writing and speaking skills
- Understanding and familiarity with web and social media platforms
education and experience:
- Recently graduated or currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication or other related fields.
Seeing: Able to read reports and use computer
Hearing: Able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and clients, in person and on phone
Strength and Mobility: Ability to lift at least 10 pounds and mobile enough to perform basic tasks; such as replacing paper in printers, etc.
Other: Must have a valid driver’s license and access to personal transportation.